"The Social Skills Module by ANDI Initiative is an effective way and great environment for our kids to explore communication with peers. My son is much more confident in expressing thoughts and ideas now, using whatever language he has.
It has encouraged him to positively try to ask questions, and respond to others' questions. With this programme, he is actively seeking to learn new words and tries to get us to correct his sentences in order to express himself better.
- Dahlia, mum to a 6-year-old
"ANDI Social Skills Module has provided an excellent environment for my son to interact with his peers as well as all people surrounding. He is confident to initiate a good conversation with his peers, understand the concept of socialising, more patient in turn-taking, more awareness of rules and regulations."
- Mum of 4-year-old
These 10-session modules are for children on the autism spectrum, or those with similar challenges. We do sometimes include typically-developing peers (children who do not have autism), so that everyone can learn from each other.
This module focuses on FUN, for sure!
Right up there with FUN are the following LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
-To maintain attention to what the others in the group are DOING
- To maintain awareness of what the others in the group are THINKING
- To COORDINATE one's actions with the actions of others
- To start to become aware of one's own THINKING (METACOGNITION)
1. Social Skills Module 4-6 (for 4 to 6 year olds)
10 sessions across 5 weeks
Week of 11th July until week of 8th August
Tuesdays & Wednesdays
3:00 - 4:15pm
2. Social Skills Module 6-8 (for 6 to 8 year olds)
10 sessions across 5 weeks
Week of 18th July until week of 15th August
Mondays & Fridays
2:45 - 4:00pm
THE SCHOOL @ Jaya One Mall
Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
If your child on autism spectrum
- can communicate verbally, but finds it difficult to have lengthy back-and-forth conversation with another child
- is generally cooperative in a small group without a shadow aide, but his/her attention wanders during group activities
- needs a respectful environment to work on his/her emerging social skills
Then join us!
Kindly send a message via Whatsapp or SMS 012 538 6134.
***This social learning programme from ANDI Initiative includes several social cognition concepts, some of which are based on Social Thinking (R), a teaching methodology created by Michelle Garcia Winner (www.socialthinking.com). Although the lead facilitator of this module has attended Social Thinking workshops in the USA and Malaysia run by the Social Thinking Collaborative, this module is not affiliated with, not has it been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by Michelle Garcia Winner or Think Social Publishing, Inc.***